After reading the Otago Daily Times on Tuesday, we discussed the amazing run of Glenn Sutton. He started on the West Coast and over three days ran to St Clair. This is the equivalent of 10 marathons. We talked about how he must have felt and this is what Lily came up with.....
Running on a cold hard road, nice cold water for my dry mouth and hot body.
Keep going.
Only 3 km away until I can finally eat something sitting down!!
I've run approximately 417 kms already and it seems like I've been running for years.
Day and night.
Dig deep and be determined to finish uninjured and proud of myself.
I am going to finish, I am going to finish, I am going to finish...I chant that over and over again.
I can't wait to see my friends and family at the end.
I'm nearly there.
I want some rest and I'm so exhausted.
Finally I'm home after day after day and night after night for 3 days.
I've run 10 marathons in 3 days,in 67 hours, 420 km. I ran.
Finally I can sleep and eat and drink sitting down.
I am finally there!!!!
Well done Lily . It sounds like you really thought hard about he would have felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment